Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sami Starts Kindergarten




UGGGHHH!! My worst fear...I cried and she didn't!! OK, so not really my worst fear but a little bit of a blow to my ego. We had gone on Wednesday to meet the teacher and looked at the classroom. Sami's teacher is wonderful. She is very sweet and soft spoken. She was great with the kids and letting them warm up to her. When we left meeting with her Sami said, "I love my teacher, she is so beautiful!". So today Sami wasn't as nervous as I had anticipated. She was such a big girl walking up to that classroom. We were trying to take pictures of her with her friends and outside the school, she finally told us "only one more!". She was anxious to get in the room and have her day started. We went in, she put her backpack at her desk and sat down! The parents stayed while the teacher went over some information and went through how the morning would go. The kids all practiced lining up and where to go when the bell rings. When it was finally time for all of us parents to go, I kept trying to wave goodbye and was waiting for her to need one more hug or kiss. But no...she just gave a wave, blew a kiss and off she went. And I just stood there with tears streaming down my cheeks - I think Cory even got a little misty eyed! So it has begun, I am now the parent of a kindergartener. And I am so incredibly proud to be her parent!

No comments: