Friday, January 21, 2011

Love the Lord our God

January 10, 2011 marked the rebirth of Samantha Jane Reeder as our sister in Christ. That's right folks, our dear Sami asked the Lord to be her Savior and for the Holy Spirit to fill her heart! It was nothing short of amazing and completely inspiring to see the innocence and trust of a child. I don't know that she even fully understood what had happened, it was completely Spirit inspired and led. Sami had actually been in a little bit of trouble that evening. Cory had taken her into her room to talk to her about her behavior. A little while into it I saw him come out and get his Bible. Finally, 30 minutes after that, Cory emerges with tears streaming down his cheeks. I wasn't quite sure what had happened, almost scared to ask. But when he started telling me what had unfolded in that room...I was amazed and full of joy. The two of them had a good conversation and when it was done Cory had told her to go ahead and pray on her own that night. She asked if he would just stay with her while she prayed, so he did. They knelt by the bed and she began praying. Before Cory knew it, she was asking the Holy Spirit to "come into her heart." After hearing what had happened, I went into her room with tears now streaming down my face and gave her a huge hug! She looked a little confused....I told her, "honey, you're my sister in Christ...we'll be together forever in heaven now." She says back, "I wasn't going to heaven before?? I've always loved Jesus Mommy!." Oh...how I love that girl and even more love our Lord who chose Sami to be part of His flock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts Jennifer, hope you don't mind me stopping by! ;)

4 Reeders said...

I love you stopping by and posting! I browse yours too! We should get together one of these days.