Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not the Last MRI :(

We met with the surgeon this morning. The neuro team reviewed the MRI and the area where the surgery was performed looks great. Unfortunately they did find a "spot" on his right 8th rib. The radiologist thought it was most likely a fibrous nodule and benign. Nevertheless it means another MRI in one year and to just be aware of it in the meantime. They don't think it will grow like the malformation did, but they will monitor it and see what it does. It's definitely not bad news but just not the news I was hoping for. I would have liked them to say "he's perfectly fine, we never need to see you again!". But at least it's not for another year. Dr. Guzman was in surgery when we got there so we initially met with one of his residents and he had us worried. He was the one who gave us the MRI results and said we would need to come back in 3 months for another MRI and bone scan?! Cory and I were shocked ... thinking "here we go again" but fortunately Dr. Guzman and his partner Dr. Edwards were back and came in with him to go over the details and what the plan of care would be. I was so relieved to see him walk through the door. He seemed very casual about the nodule and didn't think it was anything we needed to investigate further at this time. If he's OK with it..I'm OK with it. So, we just enjoy our healthy boy and let the good Lord continue his healing. I am sure that a year from now we will have that official "never come back" I was hoping for this time!

1 comment:

gloria said...

I love you little sister. My nephew has an incredible mummy. Our prayers are with you, my family.