Monday, June 9, 2008

Waiting Anxiously

As I sit here tonight I am filled with more anticipation and questions than ever. We will be leaving for Stanford on Wednesday. I received a call from the neurosurgeons office today to tie up any loose ends and answer questions. Even being a nurse, some of the things I was told caught me off guard. Among the normal lab work we will be doing they also have to type and cross Matthew's blood type to prepare for transfusions in the OR and recovery. DUH..most of you would say since we do know this is a vascular mass. But as a mom I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. Then came the news that he would spend at least the first 24 hours in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit). There came the second punch to my stomach. Again..medically this all makes perfect sense but my emotions overwhelmed me. And just when I thought I couldn't handle anymore a friend of my mom's came to the house to pray over Matthew. She read several scriptures to me and the kids, we all held hands and prayed. Even Sami laid her head on her brothers as we prayed. The Lord has led us to this place for a reason - I cannot imagine what that reason is but He has led us. I pray he is glorified!

3 comments:

gloria said...

I love you, little sister. Our hearts from Spain are close to you.

Janessa said...

Hang in there. I know what you are feeling, even though our situations are different I know that pain you feel for your kids. If you even need to talk feel free to call whenever. I am a more grateful mom for all I have been through, you are a strong person who will get through it as well. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jana and her 3 said...

Oh Jenn my heart hurts. We love you all so much!!! Matthew is a brave little boy and now you must be brave for him. May God protect Matthew thru the next few day's. May He guide the surgeons hands!! May God ease your worried hearts!! Well will pray. pray, & pray!!!