Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Big Sigh of Relief

Dr. Guzman called yesterday evening with good news. The pathology report was in - the mass was a benign lesion, most likely a hemangioma. We will go for our post op. appointment the beginning of July and Matthew will need a follow-up MRI in 3 months. After that...we can put this all behind us! PRAISE GOD!!! We can officially say that we have 2 healthy, beautiful children. Matthew is continuing to improve with each day. He is off of the narcotic pain medication and just taking Tylenol, sleeping pretty much through the night and back to normal. I never thought I would enjoy watching him fight with his sister, but I do. Every moment I am reminded how fortunate and blessed we are. Each day I have thought about his roommate from the hospital and the countless other children we saw while we were there. Most of them have long roads in front of them, roads I cannot imagine traveling. When I let my mind go to worst case scenario, I tried to picture how I would handle being that mom. I couldn't...I couldn't imagine what that devastation would feel like. I feel so blessed I never had to find out. But each day I will pray for all of those children, all of those families. And every time I feel frustrated or overwhelmed, I am going to do my best to remember what could have been and count my blessing over and over. God had a plan for all of this...maybe that was it? I know that we will be better parents, friends and supporters simply because of what we have gone through. And hopefully, somewhere in the midst of all of that, God will be glorified and His kingdom will be expanded.

No comments: