Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pruning

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." John 15:1-2

And pruning He is doing! Not only are we preparing to start our first year of homeschooling, we are also moving. All was going as planned, too good to be true - and we finally hit a snag. The home we are moving to is being remodeled and is not yet done. It actually won't be done until November 1st?! Wouldn't be too bad if we hadn't already found renters and need to be out by September 1st. Praise the Lord for wonderful neighbors, ours are saving us! They own a HUGE trailer and are graciously allowing us to use it until the home is done. The new house is on 2 acres so we will be putting the trailer on that property while we "patiently" wait. Still working on praising Him for the not so good things as well as the wonderful things. I am being stretched to fully rely on His timing and provision for our lives. So, we will embark on this next school year living in a trailer with school books in hand! Amen!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, sending hugs your way! I *completely* understand!!!!

Your children are precious, and I love the peaceful, yet fun look of your blog!

Happy Homeschooling!!! & Hope the rest of the moving process goes smoothly! :)

4 Reeders said...

Thank you for commenting! I have poured over your blog and love every bit of it. I must say I caught myself coveting your school room...LOVE it!
Your children are precious as well and I look forward to seeing what this year holds for all of us!