Monday, January 26, 2009

My Big Boy


Mommy's heart is breaking! Even with RSV and an ear infection, Matthew is hitting milestones. He is asleep for the very first time in his "big boy" toddler bed! We started processing the idea of moving him out of the crib a couple of weeks ago. He has figured out just how to climb over that rail perfectly! Also, he keeps getting his feet stuck in the slats and then complains his foot hurts. I knew it was time - after all, Sami was in a toddler bed at 18 months. But I just wanted to hang on to that baby phase as long as I could. Never again will I have a crib up in my house and a baby in my arms. This is a big deal! I am perfectly content and blessed with my 2 children and I know (when I think about it logically and not emotionally) that we should leave our family as a family of 4. But my heart breaks to think this is it! My wonderful hubby is right though - he always tells me it wouldn't matter if we had 2 kids or 10, at some point I would feel the same way. So...when a friend a mine offered up her toddler bed for free we decided to go for it. Sick or not, heartbroken or not. The time had come for Matthew to be a "big boy"... but he will ALWAYS be my baby no matter what bed he sleeps in!

1 comment:

The Lomeli clan said...

I feel the same as you. I have procrastinated "the procedure" with David, just in case. This is a huge milestone. I assure you though, he still needs you! If it's any consolation, Quinten is so close in age to Gavin that he seems to grow up faster then I can process. He would have gone straight from a bassinet to a bunk bed if I had let him.